The Sounding Jerusalem Festival 2017
Between the 25th of August and 1st of September 2017 several concerts
took place in and around Jerusalem.
The Sounding Jerusalem Festival 2017 is inviting to reflect on limited
and unlimited perspectives, options, chances and opportunities
life provides us with.
An imaginative journey took place in 2017
accompanied by our outstanding artists
This imaginative journey throughout the world of (im)possibilities is accompanied
by our outstanding artists, such as
- Eszter Haffner, one of those virtuoso and established Austrian violinists, performing around the world, professor at the University of Music in Graz (Austria);
- Rainer Auerbach, a thoroughly devoted musician with enthusiasm and commitment, solo trumpet player of the German States Opera Berlin;
- the Viennese pianist Janna Polyzoides, spirited soloist, superior and delicate chamber musician with a tremendous musical horizon;
- the rising Trio Boccherini, elected by the European Chamber Music Academy, capturing a growing international audience with passion and brilliance, dedicated to rediscovering and performing the veritable mine of over five hundred works written for string trio;
- the versatile and genius British cellist James Barralet, chamber musician, improvisor, arranger, master mind of celebrated cello ensembles, bridging the gap between classical and pop music or
- Erich Oskar Huetter, soloist, cellist of 2 chamber music ensembles, founder & artistic director cultural initiatives in Europa, Africa and the Middle East, dedicated to the human(istic) dialogue between individuals and cultures through arts
- A unique and vibrant brass & percussion ensemble, specialised in original folk as well as contemporary music, delegated by the Austrian province of Styria, featuring Lukas Hirzberger, Johannes Kölbl, Bernhard Richter, Christian Riegler, Wolfgang Tischhart & Nikolaus Waltersdorfer
Together with local artists, they will turn the Old City of Jerusalem – the heart of the festival – into a sparkling melting pot of music without limits.
View back: the rooftop concert 2017
One spotlight must be set on a very special artistic concept, the so-called “Rooftop Concert” on August 31st. Symbolizing the spirit of the festival, this concert creates a vibrant sound fantasy full of surprises that is dedicated to the stimulating and respectful dialogue of cultural diversity.
A musical message up in the air will create the vision of building bridges between history and present times, between Orient and Okzident as well as the multi-faceted musical traditions. Solo trumpeter Rainer Auerbach (Staatskapelle Berlin, Germany), trumpeter Karl-Heinz Georgi (Gewandhausorchester Leipzig, Germany), trumpeter Christoph Ullrich (Germany), percussionist Chen Zimbalista (Israel), percussionist Bernhard Richter (Austria), as well as local and European brass & percussion artists of all generations such as the Styrian delegation of Lukas Hirzberger, Johannes Kölbl, Christian Riegler, Wolfgang Tischhart & Nikolaus Waltersdorfer (all from Austria) that will perform in this multi-perspective acoustic adventure with a grand communal finale at the Church of the Redeemer, where the audience is positioned.
Supporters & Partners
We cordially thank all our supporters and especially the ones below.